DOS plot from various method NOT same

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

nitinkr

DOS plot from various method NOT same

#1 Post by nitinkr » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi,

I'm using the GW method (vasp.5.3.5 with potpaw_PBE.52 GW version of pseudopotentials) to look at the DOS of an isolated molecule. I plotted the DOS from three methods:

(1) Adding up the atom projected DOS, that is written in the DOSCAR, to get the molecules' DOS. LORBIT=11 was used. -> Blue curve in the attached figure.

(2) Total DOS that is written in the ver beginning of the DOSCAR. -> Red Curve in the attached figure.

(3) Took the eigenvalues directly from the OUTCAR and used same range and binning to get the histogram for the molecules' DOS. -> Green Curve in the attached figure.

The link for the plot is: https://app.box.com/s/7dnabt640gbtx3w1xqv2qsxwy0j2eg0y

Q1: Why am I getting differnt plots from these three methods?

Q2: Why TDOS, i.e. (2), so different than other methods especially in the LUMO region?

Thank you for the help.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: DOS plot from various method NOT same

#2 Post by support_vasp » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:46 am

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP