MPI problems on BG/L

Questions regarding the compilation of VASP on various platforms: hardware, compilers and libraries, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

ng
License Nr.: 168 (no paw so far, request fo upgrade pending)

MPI problems on BG/L

#1 Post by ng » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:39 am

Same problem as outlined in my earlier post, but a little more information in case it means something to somebody ;)
The NANs seem to all be write statements that follow a sum over the different nodes using a call to M_sum_d in mpi.F
An additional symptom is that if I try to get direct information out of mpi.F by, for example, defining NPAR=3 and using 32 processors (which should print out a message about 32 not being divisible by 3) it does indeed crash the program but with "killed by exit on node 31" rather than the error message defined in mpi.F. This is all by-the-way - but if anyone has had similar symptoms, I would love to hear about it ;)
Last edited by ng on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MPI problems on BG/L

#2 Post by support_vasp » Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:17 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP