Question regarding Vacuum level and PARCHG for G0W0 calculat

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

nitinkr

Question regarding Vacuum level and PARCHG for G0W0 calculat

#1 Post by nitinkr » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi,

I'm doing G0W0 calculations using vasp 5.3.5

Q1. What are W0001.tmp and WFULL0001.tmp files that are generated in the G0W0 calculation? Can I use any of these to obtain the PARCHG and hence draw orbitals corresponding to selected energy intervals from PDOS of G0W0 run? I get 4 set of each of these files, i'm guessing they are corresponding to 4 of the k-points I have in this system, is that right?

Q2. I have read at many references that vacuum level is inaccessible in G0W0. Can someone please teach me how? Also, if it is inaccessible then how come many references do G0W0 calculations and use the vacuum level? Are they using DFT vacuum level?

Q3. In context of Q1 and Q2, when I'm doing a single shot G0W0 and if I want to plot/obtain the PARCHG then how do I do this considering the fact that wave function is not updated in the single shot G0W0 run? Shall I just switch on LWAVE=.TRUE. and do G0W0, then the new wave function that is generated will be corresponding to G0W0 (but again the wave function is not updated in G0W0)?

I'm learning to do these impressive calculation. Any feedback/suggestion will be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Question regarding Vacuum level and PARCHG for G0W0 calculat

#2 Post by support_vasp » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:46 am

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP